Get moving, Get Healthy!
As you know, being a parent is one of the most demanding and rewarding roles that a person can take
on in their lifetime. Balancing work, friends, family, and personal time is not always easy, and stress
can become a major contributor to overall health. That is why Health Out Loud has partnered up with
Centennial College to curate a community health and wellness event specifically for you!
WHY SIGN UP?
• It is absolutely FREE!
• Lunch is free and provided for attending at least 1 of the workshops
• All beginner level activities
• We will provide accommodations for transportation in the form of TTC tokens
• Location of the event is convenient and close
• We have partnered with Centennial College’s Fitness and Health Promotion program to advocate for your needs
• It will be a great learning experience where you can derive tips on how to stay active and eat well on an affordable budget
• Anybody who has been looking to make healthy lifestyle changes and manage stress
• A variety of workshops and programmed activities designed to aid you in reducing
stress and improving overall health and wellness such as:
o Yoga and Meditation - practicing yoga, breathing techniques, and
mindfulness reduce stress and also strengthen core muscle groups to prevent
further injury while also increasing resiliency
o Home Strength Training - exploring ergonomic techniques to improve day-to-day activities including proper sitting form and proper techniques to lift heavy loads, etc.
o Lifestyle Physical Activity - game-oriented exercises simulating everyday life
events so that an active lifestyle can be practically achieved
o Nutrition - learning how to prepare nutritional and affordable meals while
being guided by a professional dietitian/nutritionist
• Wednesday March 20th, 2019
o Event: 9:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. / Lunch: 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
• Athletic Wellness Centre at Centennial College Progress Campus o Lobby of 941 Progress Avenue, Scarborough, ON M1G 3T8
HOW TO SIGN UP?
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 647-985-3214